Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Pills

So, at work yesterday I was down in the check-in room I was working away checking in all of the books that came in.  I noticed there was this car that kept going around the parking lot and stopping in front of the drop.  It finally came around a third time and this cute little old lady got out of the car, hobbled over to the window and...dropped this huge bag of pills down the drop! I quickly grabbed the bag and ran out the doors and to her car.  She opened the door, and I said "That's the library book drop."
And she turned to me and said, "Oh, I know.  But I can't figure out where the police station is." 
"It's in this huge building right there."
"Oh, well I supposed I can figure out where that drop box is."
I then found out that the city was collecting pills and drugs that were expired or not used so that  they could properly dispose of them.  The old lady showed me an article in the city sources newsletter explaining where to take the pills.  I told her not to worry about it and I would run them over to the police station for her.  Then she thanked me and drove off...slowly...almost like a snail.  A few hours later, I finally had the opportunity to read that specific article in the newsletter, grab the pills and run them over to the designated drop off location.  When I told the officer and nurses collecting all the drugs the story, they laughed.  It is pretty entertaining. I love old people!  They are the coolest.

No comments: